What To Do With Cremation Ashes
When a loved one or a friend passes away, sometimes and very often you have to make quick decisions in a short period of time.
The Funeral is a fact, so, who is going to do it, are there crematories or funeral homes in town, where would the funeral be? What type of ceremony? Cremation or burial? If it is cremation, what to do with the ashes, if it is a burial, how expensive could it be?
When it comes to deciding on what to do with the cremation ashes, could be quite complicated. Do we “just put him or her in an urn like everyone does”, or a temporary container, or should we scatter the ashes.
So, what to do? These are some options:
- Scatter them. Your loved one or friend had a favorite place, the beach, the forest, a mountain, etc. Just keep in mind that you might need a permit to scatter the ashes in some places.
- Store them at home: If you go that way, you will need to choose an urn, and sometimes there are so many options that you do not know which one to choose, but then, you already know what to do with cremation ashes. You will find horizontal or vertical urns, vases or boxes, wood, marble, cloisonné, ceramic, etc.
- Bury: If you want to bury the ashes in an urn or container, you may want to choose the right urn and a vault to preserve the urn and resist the weight of the soil, etc. So this option could be a little more complicated, but you can also have the urn on a niche or a columbarium.
- Plant them: Again, you may get a biodegradable urn EterniTree and you can grow a tree from the ashes, in your garden or out in the woods. That is a fantastic way to preserve the memory of a loved one, you will have a tree that will last for many, many years and will be a remembrance of your loved one.
- There is one or a couple of companies that offer a service to take the remains to outer space on a mission and bring them back or leave them in the spacecraft as it goes on a long mission trip to the infinite.
- You will also find companies that will help you, and they will turn ashes into a diamond, and then you can use the diamond to create a pendant or a ring, etc. You will keep your loved one close to you as long as you keep the diamond.
- There is a company that can turn ashes into a concrete reef that will provide protection and habitat for ocean critters. So, if your loved one loved the ocean, this is the way to go.
So, these are some ideas on what to do with cremation ashes.